Do you have the talent and ambition to work at the cutting edge of large-scale high-precision engineering?
As the Nuclear AMRC develops and expands its capabilities, we will continue to recruit a wide variety of engineers and support staff with varying levels of experience and qualifications.
Vacancies at the Nuclear AMRC are advertised through the University of Sheffield jobs site, and listed below with direct links to the job descriptions. All applications must be submitted through the University site, unless offered through NuclearGraduates or other external initiative.
If you are a school or college student interested in unpaid work experience at the Nuclear AMRC, please complete our work experience application form.
The Nuclear AMRC is committed to gender equality in engineering and research, and holds the Athena Swan bronze award which recognises commitment to advancing the careers of women in science, technology, engineering and related fields at universities and research institutions. For full details, download our Athena Swan bronze award application (3.8MB pdf).
We are also a member of the WISE campaign for gender balance in science, technology and engineering, and support the industry-led 10 steps campaign to ensure that women in science, technology, engineering and manufacturing have the same opportunities to progress in their career as their male counterparts.
The University of Sheffield has been named by The Sunday Times as one of the UK’s 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for.
Alongside the AMRC with Boeing, we provide industry-supported training and career development through the AMRC Training Centre and Industrial Doctorate Centre in Machining Science. We also work closely with the National Skills Academy for Nuclear to provide expert training for industry needs.
- Technical manager – grade 8, ref UOS020318, closes 9 October.
- Welding engineer (Sellafield projects) – grade 8, ref UOS020163, closes 21 September.
- NDE research engineer – grade 8, ref UOS020269, closes 7 October.
- Project manager – grade 7, ref UOS020224, closes 28 September.
- Research engineers (three posts) – grade 6, ref UOS020303, closes 8 October.
- Robotic welding cell operator – grade 6, ref UOS020162, closes 21 September.
- Project coordinator (two posts) – grade 5, ref UOS020350, closes 11 October.